QUICK LINKS: Angorichina Station | Flinders Ranges Outback Air Charter
Angorichina Station is 500 square kilometers of mountains, creeks, gorges and hills in the central Flinders Ranges near the old copper mining town of Blinman. It is a working sheep station running merino sheep by 4th generation pastoralist Ian Fargher and his wife Di.
Angorichina Station is ideally situated for those who want to explore the highlights of the surrounding mountain ranges. The area is thrilling for viewing the abundance of wildlife, 4WD enthusiasts, nature lovers, artists, photographers, history and geology buffs.
We recommend a stay of at least 3 days to relax and experience a variety of activities in the area suitable for all ages.
During your stay we recommend you:
- Hike one of the popular walking trails such as The Blinman Pools, section of the Heysen Trail, climb St Marys Peak or Mt Patawarta
- Take a flight over Wilpena or the northern Flinders Ranges, or a ‘station flight’ checking stock and waters
- Drive the Parachilna and Brachina Gorges – and see the yellow footed rock wallabies, or Chambers Gorge to view the significant aboriginal rock art sites of the Adynamathanha people
- Cycle the bush tracks
- Bring your horses and explore the station by saddle
- Explore the ruins
- BBQ or picnic in a creek bed lined with old River Red gums
- Experience the Blinman Mine Sound & Light Show
- Guided 4WD tours or join Tag-a-long tours with Alpana Station
- Eat and Drink your way down the main street of Blinman
- Join the locals at the Blinman Hotel on Friday night for Pizza Night
- Enjoy a Feral Feast and Fargher lager at the Prairie Hotel
- ‘Sundowners’ on nearby hilltop and enjoy the expanse and beauty of the Station and beyond.
Angorichina Station is the prime central location to base yourself & experience the highlights of the Flinders Ranges.
Ian Fargher, 4th generation pastoralist from Angorichina Station and his team of pilots have a wealth of local knowledge & many stories about the people, the flora, fauna & geology that make up the amazing ancient landscape in the Flinders Ranges and Outback.
Flinders Ranges & Outback Air Charter have designed a range of spectacular flight itineraries to Lake Eyre, Cooper Creek, Innamincka, Birdsville, Wilpena Pound, the Gammon Ranges, and they will customise private itineraries.
Weather permitting & at your pilot's discretion you will enjoy your safari from low altitude. Flying between 500 – 1000 feet provides ultimate viewing & appreciation of the landscape & birdlife, enhanced by your pilot's informed inflight commentary – each aircraft is equipped with personalised headsets ensuring an ease of interactive conversation during your Lake Eyre & beyond Safari.
Flying over this ruggedly beautiful and vast landscape is unforgettable.